The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Administrative Assistant / Warehouse Manager to support the International Health Division and the PMI AIRS project in Kenya. Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Administrative Assistant 8 / Warehouse Manager will serve as the lead person in warehousing and the supply chain activities at the county level.
The USAID-funded PMI AIRS (Africa Indoor Residual Spraying 2) Project supports the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), as well as USAID Missions and Bureaus with malaria programs outside the PMI focus countries, in planning and implementing IRS programs with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria in Africa by enhancing USAID’s ability to implement IRS programs on the ground through cost-effective commodities procurement and logistics systems, access to technical expertise, and implementation of IRS in countries affected by malaria.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead AIRS Kenya project activities in warehousing at the county and sub-county levels.
- Provide strategic guidance to the county coordinator and program and Logistics coordinator on warehousing and supply chain issues.
- Strengthen local project capacity of other government partners in warehousing and distribution.
- Ensure that all of the AIRS warehousing best practices and tools are being used for management of IRS commodities, and that all procedures are done in accordance with the IRS Best Management Practices.
- Promote use of PMI AIRS’ computerized warehouse management system, recommend improvements and strategically lead further implementation at all county warehouses.
- Promote the use of data to inform and guide decision making by continually identifying gaps and developing corrective actions as needed.
- Quality control and receipt of delivered goods,
- Management of the project’s inventory control system, including storage, quality control, inventory record keeping, and inventory reporting.
- Direct and supervise the storage, distribution, and transport of IRS commodity goods and equipment throughout the target counties and sub-counties.
- Ensure accountability for all IRS inventory at all operational sites.
- Perform any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in a relevant field e.g. procurement and logistics, supply chain management, or equivalent with post-secondary education.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in quantifications and supply planning and/or supply chain management systems.
- Skilled in the design and use of MIS systems for warehouse operations.
- Skilled in leading and managing high-performing teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cooperating partners in implementing complex programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- English proficiency required.
(2+) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.