Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research, evaluation, technical assistance, and program implementation in a range of policy areas. The Social and Economic Policy Division of Abt Associates conducts research and evaluation, including large-scale experiments, to help guide development of U.S. domestic policies and programs for a range of federal agencies, state and local agencies, and foundations. Our work spans a range of policy areas including housing, education, workforce development, income security, food assistance, unemployment, and disability policy. Our clients include the Departments of Housing and Urban Development, Education, Health and Human Services, Labor, Veterans Affairs, and Agriculture (Food and Nutrition Service), among others.
The Social and Economic Policy Division helps guide development of the nation’s prominent policies and programs. Our contributions—at all government levels—have resulted in better programs on housing, community revitalization, education, workforce development, income security, food assistance, and in support of children, youth, and disadvantaged families. Our clients include the Departments of Housing and Urban Development, Education, Health and Human Services, Labor, Veterans Affairs, and the Food and Nutrition Service, among others.
Abt Associates is seeking a new PhD economist with strong quantitative and analytical research skills and knowledge of important domestic policy areas. Position may be in our Cambridge, MA, or Bethesda, MD, office.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Apply microeconomics and econometric training to research and evaluation studies.
- Contribute to the design of research and evaluation studies, including impact studies based on experimental and quasi-experimental methods.
- Conduct reviews of relevant literature to inform the design of research and evaluation studies, and include in reports that present study findings.
- Contribute to the development of data collection instruments.
- Conduct quantitative analysis for research and evaluation studies.
- Contribute to the drafting of study reports and other publications.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- PhD in Economics by Summer 2017;
- Strong empirical skills;
- Strong interest in public policy research;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively on teams;
- Dynamic work style with ability to work on multiple projects;
- Attention to detail and schedule.
- PhD (Entry Level) in Economics OR ABD in Economics; and 0 – 2 years relevant experience
Please apply through the AEA website using this link: https://www.aeaweb.org/joe/listing.php?JOE_ID=2017-02_111458788.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.