The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Abt Associates seeks a M&E Officer to support a family planning project under SHOPS Plus. SHOPS Plus is USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health. The project seeks to harness the full potential of the private sector and catalyze public-private engagement to improve health outcomes in TB, family planning, HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health, and other health areas. In Nigeria, SHOPS Plus will capacitate public and private providers to scale up family planning, especially Long Acting Reversible Contraceptives (LARCs) in FCT and Plateau States.
The M&E Officer will be responsible for the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities for FP/LARC at the State level.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Works closely with the RH/FP at the State to ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities are conducted appropriately in line with Project, Country and donor M&E needs.
- Observe closely and monitor the Performance monitoring guide to ensure focus and appropriate deliverable of services
- Ensure regular maintenance of applicable database/information system and upload of necessary information/data
- Conduct of routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data verification, and validation and data quality assessments (DQAs)
- Prepare monthly M&E reports and share with the State Coordinator before the final submission to M&E director for further actions
- Takes initiative in conducting brief and cost effective operational checks on the project to gauge outcomes/impacts and to use data/information to improve on project activities.
- Run pertinent Analysis data for informed decision and assist in following up on implementation of recommendations by developing monthly tracking template.
- Support and work with appropriate State implementing team to ensure adequate and efficient M&E component to guide operations during the development of competency-based training programs to meet the identified needs of the project
- Support the State teams to monitor the effects of trainings through analyzing pre- and post-test results, course evaluation forms, and other analytic measurements and generate and submit appropriate reports promptly.
- Work collaboratively with other technical staff and pertinent implementing partners at the state to ensure effective and timely program implementation
- Participate in the development of strategy documents, work plans and reports.
- Contribute to the Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning system (especially in relation to health worker trainings)
- Attend relevant meetings at state level and ensure effective linking, learning and sharing
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by Technical Director, M&E Director or the CoP and attend to other duties as may be identified or assigned.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- A minimum qualification of University degree/HND in Statistics, Sciences or Social Sciences and a 3-5 years demonstrated knowledge and experience in M&E in the field is pertinent. A Relevant Post Graduate degree is an advantage
- Extensive knowledge of the Nigerian public and private health sectors
- Familiarity with different sociocultural and developmental issues related to RH/FP in Nigeria and the international community.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent computer, management and organizational skills.
- Ability to run standard statistical analysis and generate good report is needed
- A proven team player.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Ability to travel within the state at least 50% of the time.
- ( 3+ ) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.