Animal Logic is looking for senior camera polish artists with a range of experience to help define the visual camera language of our animated features. As part of the layout team you will be working to realize the director’s cinematic vision of LEGO® Ninjago for a 3-4 month contract.
This position will be based at our animation studios in Sydney, Australia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as a senior member of a team of layout and camera polish artists under the supervision of a layout supervisor.
- Responsible for animating the natural and seamless camera movements for the film.
Qualifications and skills
All candidates should:
- Display a strong reel that shows examples of work done in the 3d computer generated environment of an animated movie or television production. Within the reel there should be examples of entire sequences not just single shots.
- Have previous production experience on Stereoscopic feature films; Stereoscopic Layout experience preferred
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of camera animation, composition and depth of field.
- Possess excellent organizational and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work within a production schedule, delivering shots and sequences on time.
- Have a strong working knowledge of a 3D application (knowledge of XSI a plus).
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and problem solve.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Be willing to learn, and contribute to the success of the team and the project.
- Have previous experience working in a similar role on a CG animated feature or television program.
A recognized qualification in film, animation or fine arts would be helpful but is not essential.