Lead Software Engineer: Pipeline – Facility (Vancouver)
Animal Logic is one of the world's most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design.
Our global R&D department is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to lead our pipeline team in Vancouver. You will have experience in the visual effects/animation industry, and will ideally have previously lead small teams or you may currently be a senior developer who is ready to take their leadership skills to the next level.
As a lead, you will collaborate daily with production and technical personnel in both Vancouver and Sydney. You will also be involved in software design, reviewing code, and evolving development practices across multiple sites.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead and grow a team of pipeline developers by providing guidance and coaching on a day to day basis
- Engage with clients on frequent basis to understand requirements and communicate project status
- Contribute to the development of tools and interfaces, enabling asset flow, scene assembly and scene manipulation
- Support and manage complex workflows in a highly iterative pipeline
To be successful in this role you must have:
- A Post-Secondary qualification in Computer Science or Engineering
- Previous experience leading teams which has developed an enthusiasm for coaching and mentoring developers
- Experience developing software in Python and C++
- Experience building user interfaces with pyQT
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with the APIs of industry standard applications such as Maya, XSI, Nuke, etc.
- Knowledge of Rendering, Shading, CharFX, Linear Algebra and other related areas a plus
- Experience with the full software development life cycle
- Familiarity with design patterns and their appropriate use
- Good team spirit and ability to collaborate with artists and other developers in a deadline oriented environment
Please note, some travel may be required.