Animal Logic is one of the world's most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing feature animation and film visual effects.
We are currently looking for an experienced Team Lead to work in our multi-site R&D department, on the Production Systems team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a variety of Java based technologies and in partnership with the Tech Lead and other members of the R&D leadership group, be responsible for overseeing the design, development and implementation of complex systems which help run our animation studios. You will be liaising directly with the films production managers to define objectives and scope and help set the technical direction of our global production systems, as well as providing hands on leadership and mentorship of a team of developers across sites.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- A good balance of leadership and technical skills
- At least 6 years Java development experience
- Previous technical leadership experience
- Proven experience mentoring developers
- Demonstrated experience working with internal or external clients
- Previous experience gathering and documenting requirements
- Track record of developing robust and scalable systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good planning and estimating abilities
Experience with the following would be highly regarded:
- Java technologies - Spring, Spring Boot, JMS, GWT
- Experience building and maintaining web services
- Deep knowledge of web application architecture and infrastructure
- Multi-site architectures
- AKKA and the Actor Model
- Agile development practices – TDD, continuous integration, automation