Animal Logic is seeking a Software Developer to join its core R&D group to develop and enhance our proprietary rendering software, including our state-of-the-art rendering engine, shading system, and scene representation.
You will be working alongside some of the best artists and developers in the world applying your technical skills to create new tools and techniques for generating highly realistic imagery.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work as a part of the global Development Team to develop and enhance proprietary rendering software (Glimpse); including Animal Logic’s state-of-the-art rendering engine, shading system, and scene representation
- Design, develop and maintain robust and scalable software and to develop technical plans to achieve these goals
- Engage with stakeholders to elicit requirements and incorporate feedback throughout the development lifecycle
- Adheres to R&D best practices of software development
- Build technical and user documentation to support the systems and software tools
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Experience working in software development for at least 5 years in Animation, VFX, or Videogame industry.
- Experience developing 3D rendering software using C++ in high performance computing environments.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mathematics, Physics or Engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- Strong mathematical skills and familiarity with numerical methods, probability and statistics used for rendering such as Monte Carlo integration, importance sampling.
- A talent and passion for optimisation and a working knowledge of efficient spatial data structures.
- A thorough understanding of light transport and global illumination techniques.
- Knowledge or experience developing shading or raytracing algorithms on massively parallel architectures such as GPUs.
- Working knowledge of shading technologies such as RSL, OSL, GLSL.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment, take direction and possess good communication skills.
- Willing to work in a production environment and collaborate with artistic staff.
- An appreciation of design aesthetics is an asset.