We are currently seeking an exceptional Character Rigger to work on our hybrid feature film ‘Peter Rabbit’.
You will be working closely with a variety of departments including; R&D, Art, Modelling, Layout and Animation, to develop, implement and maintain character and prop assets for use in both Layout and Animation.
The following is required of all candidates:
- 5 years experience working on creatures for feature film quality productions.
- Experience working with animators to produce or improve design of rigs and tools.
- Ability to troubleshoot and manage communication during the support phase of published rigs as they move through shots and departments.
- An eye for detail and anatomy, and experience with high quality, realistic deformation of creatures.
- Foundational knowledge of trigonometry and linear algebra to the extent needed to discuss and work through issues and solutions with other TDs or developers.
- Ability to multi task and time manage in a versatile manner as the schedule’s focus moves from few hero rig tasks in the beginning to many support tasks towards the tail end.
- Eagerness to learn and share with your peers in a very development and learning oriented professional environment.
- Ability to understand and work to briefs that can range from fine grained specifics to coarsely grained design tasks.
- Proficiency in Python and ability to navigate a large managed code base.
- Proficiency with a recent version of Maya and a strongly node-oriented approach to problems
The following will be highly regarded, but isn’t necessary:
- Knowledge of C++.
- Mathematical skill of a Computer Science Degree equivalent level.
- A good artistic eye and the necessary software dexterity to produce or correct shapes and models when it might tighten the feedback loop with another department.
- Experience with character related simulation (soft tissues and localized secondary).
- Experience with cloth simulation.