We are looking for Assembly Technical Artists to join the team for our first Animated Feature in Vancouver! The Assembly team is a small, but critical role in Production, where an eye for detail is key!
As one of the Asset gatekeepers, you will help maintain the “shot breakdown” - facilitating distribution of assets between various departments, with a special emphasis on supporting the Layout and Animation teams.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Partner with Layout to troubleshoot shot set-ups/builds and QC
- Troubleshoot Asset and configuration issues
- Maintain assets, shot set-ups, and breakdown
- 2 year experience in Animated Features, VFX or Games
- Experience working with assets (modelling, rigging and surfacing)
- Experience with Maya or XSI in a production environment
- Knowledge and experience with asset management and tracking software
- Excellent attention to technical details and ability to deliver accurate work
- Ability to communicate and interact positively in a collaborative group environment
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, and problem solve
- Experience in MEL or Python scripting is a bonus