Animal Logic is looking for a Technical Animator for our first Animated Feature in Vancouver!
The Technical Animator is the first port of call for any technical issue on the floor for their Animation team. This could include things such as:
- Issues with animators scenes.
- Helping with technical workflows
- Breakdown issues and trouble shooting
- Tools issues
- Delivery/packaging issues coming into and out of anim (from rig, surf, edit....to FX, light...)
- Debugging render issues for Anim reviews.
- Help with QC process of shots coming into and out of anim.
This role would suit someone who enjoys problem solving and technical issues as this is not a creative role.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Ability to work within a strong team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow through on solutions
The following will be highly regarded:
- 1 year minimum working in a similar role in Games, Animated Series, VFX Film or Feature Animation
- Experience supporting animators
- Experience with XSI
- Experience using Linux in production
- Programming experience in python