Animal Logic is seeking a talented Lead Matte Painter to join our team to join us on our first animated feature in Vancouver!
The Lead Matte Painter must be able to demonstrate the aesthetics and techniques required to produce breathtaking photo realistic imagery and the ability to oversee all matte painting assets and their implementation within the Animal logic pipeline, with a thorough understanding of all possible techniques.
This role is responsible for this crew and the quality of its output. This is a technical managerial role which involves working closely with the Production Designer and the Art director to realise the production requirements.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Understand a projects creative objective
- Working in partnership with Modelling and Comp departments to achieve the highest outcomes
- Creating digital matte paintings that may be created from scratch or from sampled photography, scanned reference or any other artwork necessary to create new objects or to match the surfaces of existing live action
- Continue to actively develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills including knowledge of technical processes in Animation and compositing
- Bring all significant production issues to the attention of the Art Director, Leads, Producer and Head of Department and help to resolve them
- Collaborate to shape the matte pipeline within the larger Animal Logic context and oversee it's consistent integration and application
- Understanding of the stereoscopic impact on the pipeline
- Work with the production team to establish schedules and technical outcomes
- Offer creative solutions to achieve the desired outcomes, to meet deadlines and budget parameters
- Help with recruiting and performance interviews
- Escalate in a timely manner any issues that may affect your ability to carry them out
- Facilitate meetings with artists to keep crew informed
- A comprehensive knowledge of the film and television industry, digital production processes and digital matte painting production
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Proven strong technical and visual skills
- Proven strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and problem solve
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment and when necessary to pass knowledge to other staff members
- Experience in Maya is preferable