Are you an AFOL (Adult Fan Of Lego)? Do you know what LEGO Digital Designer is? If not, are you intrigued? Take a look at the LEGO Ninjago trailer and see if that inspires you! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZSYYiATFTI&spfreload=10
We are currently looking for a mid to senior-level Modeller who is available in March for a short, three-month contract.
Candidates with the following experience are encouraged to apply:
- 3+ years of experience in commercials, feature films and/or animated features.
- Production experience using Maya, Z Brush and/or Mudbox.
- Strong experience with photo realistic hard surfacing and/or character modelling.
- A strong understanding of the topological requirements of subdivision surface for both static and deforming models.
- Ability to follow a brief and produce complex models to a high standard with a thorough understanding of shape, scale and form.
- Technically aware of the requirements of rigging.
- An understanding of proper edge flow and polygon density.
- A good understanding of the needs of surfacing and an ability to provide good UV layouts of your models.
- Ability to translate approved 3D sculptural form or concept art into production ready geometry.
- Interest in environments and set dressing.
- Interest in pipeline and process.
- Experience and ability in guiding and mentoring junior level crew.
- Ability to provide topology and turntables examples.
- Traditional sculpting skills a plus.
To be successful in these roles, the following is required of all candidates:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Strong technical and visual skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
Demo reel requirements:
- Turntables and wireframes
We encourage you to ‘assemble’ in LEGO Digital Designer and include any of your creations in your reel. You can find the link to LDD here: http://ldd.lego.com/en-au/
Due to the length of contact and start date we are ideally looking for Australian citizens or permanent residents or candidates who are eligible for a work and holiday visa.