We are seeking a Mid - Senior Lighting TD to work on our animation/live-action hybrid feature film project Peter Rabbit. Contract would be starting in July through to the end of the year.
As a Lighting TD you will:
- Assist Artists with day today issues and glitches and escalating when necessary.
- Develop and build upon the Lighting pipeline and systems.
- Write helper and pipeline tools to support the lighting team and their process.
- Be responsible for varying levels of pipeline troubleshooting, user support, technical direction and lighting/output tool development.
- Work closely with R&D on infrastructure tools, while also endeavouring to work within the guidelines set by R&D as they pertain to tool development. The TD should ensure that any tool development is as generic (not project specific) as possible.
The following will be highly regarded:
- 4 + years working in VFX films, commercials or games.
- Experience in Maya, Python and Nuke, PrMan/Arnold or other industry standard renders.
- Advanced level of understanding of 3D packages and rendering technology and lighting principles.
- Thorough understanding of compositing and colour theory.
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality.
- An ability to quickly acquire a working understanding of both off-the-shelf and proprietary software tools.
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work to deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve