The Animal Logic group Corporate Finance team is responsible for all the corporate financial functions of the company, including financial control, accounting, financial reporting, FP&A, tax, treasury, tax, insurance, payroll and corporate governance.
FP&A is responsible for the budgeting / forecasting and decision support processes within the Corporate Finance team.
The FP&A role is a newly created role that will be a key asset in the future growth of the company, working closely with the Production Accounting function to obtain detailed knowledge and understanding of the Company’s production planning and tracking processes to integrate into its financial forecast and annual budgeting processes.
The FP&A will be required to provide operating plan variance analysis and financial consulting and strategic support to senior management, including capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects requested from time to time.
This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support ‘optimal’ business decision making.
The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Detailed involvement in helping CFO and senior management budget and re-forecast operations / financials of the group.
- Work closely with Production Accounting to prepare consolidated company forecasts and budgets
- Perform detailed financial analysis including advanced financial modelling, profitability analysis, return on investment/discounted cash flow analysis, monitoring business issues and impact to bottom line.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modelling tools
- Analyse trends in revenue, expense, capital expenditures and other related areas. Research industry trends, competitors, etc. as necessary.
- Other specialist planning and analysis projects as required, including M&A, capital expenditure and other business proposals
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent
- ACA / CPA qualified
- At least 5 years Finance or Accounting experience with at least 3 years in the area of FP&A.
- Experience in the film or media entertainment industry preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and financial modelling skills required.
- Experience in a multi-entity, multi-currency group structure preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Excellent time management skills.
- High written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with excellent interpersonal skills.