We are currently looking for a talented and experienced Senior Concept Artist to work on LEGO ® 2!
The Senior Concept Artist would be responsible for a scope of duties including creating concept paintings from a blank canvas to convey ideas, creating compelling images that focus on mood, storytelling and design.
This role will work closely with the Production Designer to visually explore key moments of the production, which can then inform the crew of the intended visual direction required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Producing quick sketch ideas and iterations to inform on intent as briefed
- Researching and sourcing as required, any imagery to help with the production of the concept art
- Ability to take various photographed elements and combine them with painted elements into a key concept frame
- Ability to take a rough design through to a fully realized rendered image
- 3 – 5 years of experience in feature films
- Strong drawing skills that display a knowledge of anatomy, perspective and design
- A strong portfolio of work that displays the ability to execute concept art for feature films
- Experience in designing with camera lensing in mind
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and take direction
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional knowledge of Photoshop and some knowledge of working in Maya or other 3d software would be an advantage