We are currently looking for Senior Paint/Roto Artists to join the team on Peter Rabbit in Sydney. Contracts ideally start in June and run through to December 2017.
This fantastic project will have a relatively large team and we need experienced artists, particularly at the mid-senior levels to support the Supervisor in establishing and maintaining consistently high standards of output. While senior Artists are generally focused on higher level tasks, we also consider mentorship of the more junior members of the team to be an important part of the role; whether it be helping people directly on the floor when needed, or simply displaying a straight forward, disciplined approach to every plate you work on and keeping a high bar for others to aspire to.
We are interested to know if you have a strength in any specific area, or are currently focusing on developing/refining a particular skillset within the craft. All Paint/Roto team members at Animal Logic work on all tasks related to an assigned plate, with work being assigned according to the artistic requirements and complexity.
Your reel needs to display the full range of skills/tasks in Paint/Prep/Roto with:
- Moving images, not stills
- Camera plates
- Finished shot
The following is required of all candidates:
- 3 years+ experience doing Paint/Prep work in a production environment
- Proficiency in Nuke and Mocha
- Knowledge of Maya, Silhouette and Photoshop an advantage
- Well-developed skillset, covering all aspects of the craft and applicable software/s
- Able to take direction and to communicate your own comments and queries efficiently
- Able to confidently prioritise tasks and problem solve to meet targets, in partnership and communication with the Supervisor and the Production team
- A great eye and a genuine love of visual imagery
- That you take pride in your work, help others and enjoy being part of a team