Want to work with both highly creative and technical people; and enjoy watching movies?!
Animal Logic is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer who specialises in Storage for a 1 year contract, but with the possibility of extending.
As the Senior System Engineer - Storage you will be primarily responsible for Storage hardware and software installation and configuration; upgrades and patches; monitoring; performance tuning; documentation. You will also focus on the storage-related operational activities, take actions to ensure maximum performance, availability and reliability of the supported platform/technology.
This role is not for the faint hearted! You will be working in a creative, dynamic and fast paced environment.
Other responsibilities include:
- Implementing and supporting a wide variety of software and hardware including but not limited to:
- RedHat/CentOS Linux and Microsoft Windows for desktop and server,
- VMWare vSphere and Horizon,
- Palo Alto Firewalls,
- Brocade & HP Networking,
- Endpoint Protection,
- Email services
- Using common system operational and maintenance tools without assistance.
- Working as an active team member for joint success of a project, taking responsibility, and providing timely updates, documentation for assigned action items and deliverables.
- Providing input for the preparation of the department’s operational budgets for the fiscal year.
- Sharing knowledge and providing best practices.
- Providing technical/cross training to team members and other IT teams or departments as needed through informal and formal training sessions.
- Monitoring, diagnosing, resolving problems and providing analysis in relation to storage in the integrated IT environment.
- Keeping abreast of new technologies to recommend solutions, and deliver proposals to meet business requirements.
- Encouraging collaboration and communicating well with peers.
- Working with various stakeholders and clients to come up with efficient and effective suggestions/solutions
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- 8+ years of experience planning, installing and administering NAS/SAN environments with large enterprise storage systems, including EMC Isilon, NetApp; caching appliances including Avere; Backup Systems including IBM Spectrum Protect (Tivoli Storage Manager), Veeam Availability Platform.
- Experience in capacity planning, performance and tuning, volume and file systems management, clustering, replication and mirroring, backup/archive and recovery solutions, high availability and storage consolidation/migration.
- Knowledge of information life-cycle management concepts and best practices.
- Experience with High Performance Computing environments.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, sound work methodology
- Ability to plan, coordinate or run special projects and meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
The following will be beneficial:
- Strong interest and knowledge of information security standards, technologies and practices.
- In depth understanding and experience in the design, implementation and sustainment requirements for Information Technology systems in general (e.g. RedHat / CentOS Linux, DNS, directory services, mail servers, web servers, etc.), accompanied by broad knowledge in a number of other technical areas (e.g. virtualization, networking, security etc.)
- Strong understanding of the Microsoft environment including common suites and core applications, Active Directory, file/folder permission and DFS.
- Expertise in scripting (e.g. Perl, shell, etc.) for automation and management of architecture services.
- Ability to provide direction to others in analyzing and solving system and workflow issues and problems.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of significant scope.
- Bachelor degree in Information Science or a related field.
You will need to be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to be eligible to apply for this role.