Want to work with both highly creative and technical people; and enjoy watching movies?!
Animal Logic is looking for a Systems Engineer who specialises for a 1 year contract, but with the possibility of extending.
As a System Engineer you will be primarily responsible for taking over escalated incidents from the Support Engineers and restoring failed IT services as quickly as possible.
This role is not for the faint hearted! You will be working in a creative, dynamic and fast paced environment.
Other responsibilities include:
- Liaising with vendors and software or hardware manufacturers for external support.
- Implementing and supporting a wide variety of software and hardware including but not limited to:
- RedHat/CentOS Linux and Microsoft Windows for desktop and server,
- Email services, Endpoint Protection,
- VMWare vSphere and Horizon,
- Palo Alto Firewalls,
- Brocade & HP Networking,
- Tape Backups,
- Hardware and software installation and configuration of various systems; upgrades and patches; performance turning and documentation.
- Encouraging collaboration and communicates well with peers.
- Working as an active team member for joint success of a project, taking responsibility, and providing timely updates, documentation for assigned action items and deliverables.
- Sharing knowledge and providing best practices. technical/cross training to team members and other IT teams or departments as needed through informal and formal training sessions.
- Keeping abreast of new technologies to recommends solutions, and deliver proposals to meet business requirements.
- Working with various stakeholders and clients to come up with efficient and effective suggestions/solutions.
- Providing direction to others in analyzing and solving system and workflow issues and problems.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Systems Engineer role or similar designing, implementing and supporting three or more of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Services such as Active Directory, Exchange, DFS, WSUS
- Linux System Administration, Configuration, and System Security
- OSX environments
- Cross-platform configuration and application deployment
- Network design – Working with Firewalls, DNS, DHCP, Load Balancers
- Enterprise storage including backup systems
- Endpoint Protection
- VoIP systems
- Server and Desktop Virtualization
- System Monitoring and Automation
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work towards, and meet deadlines in high-pressure environment.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and in a team.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Expertise in scripting (e.g. Perl, shell, etc.) for automation and management of architecture services.
The following would be beneficial:
- Interest and knowledge of information security standards, technologies and practices
- Ability to provide direction to others in analyzing and solving program and system issues and problems
- Bachelor or Master degree, or equivalent knowledge and experience are required in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in Certification in one or more of the following areas: Linux, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Exchange, VMWare, Brocade, Security, Dell/EMC Isilon, NetApp, Palo Alto and/or similar
- Experience working within an Entertainment/Media industry is desirable.
You will need to be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to be eligible to apply for this role.