We are currently looking for an Artist Manager to work with artists to manage their career development and ongoing opportunities within the studio; work with Learning and Development to develop appropriate training programs; manage contract negotiations/renewals, performance reviews and salary benchmarking for the artist group.
With the support of the Craft Leads, Supervisors and Production to foster a strong Studio culture and help keep Artists motivated and engaged.
Support each production by ensuring they are appropriately resourced, in a timely manner, and that teams have the skills and experience to achieve studio goals.
- Together with Production, contribute towards the casting of artists for project crew plans
- Ensure that an intimate understanding of artist’s goals, directions and capabilities is maintained at all times
- Seek alignment between artist aspirations/goals and company resourcing requirements
- Work closely with Recruiting to ensure they have appropriate position briefs and updates on projections
- Keep abreast of projects outside the studio with a view to identifying potential resourcing challenges and opportunities
- Ensure a regular assessment of salaries is conducted across the artist group to ensure parity is maintained; and that this information is translated to production and recruiting for budgeting and offer negotiating
- Identify training needs and skills gaps(both long term and short term) in partnership with the Learning and Development department
- Work with department supervisors to drive mentoring programs
- Ensure all artists have career development paths established
- Ensure Artists receive clear and regular performance feedback, providing both appreciation of work well done as well as addressing critical areas for improvement and development
- Conduct formal performance reviews for all artists in a timely manner (e.g. probation end, project based, annual or bi-annual), gaining input from supervisors and production management
- Ensure contract management is carried out in a timely manner, and ensure that artists are kept abreast of their pending futures where appropriate, by regularly communicating with them
- Foster and support a positive, collaborative and productive culture within the department; ensure relationships with production leadership and with other production departments are collaborative. Take steps to ensure that artists feel connected to the studio
- Work with Supervisors to assess and manage artist’s performance during the review period and where required, carry out performance management / coaching and monitor progress
- Ensure all new artists have a clear point of contact for the project on which they will be working, and the position of Artist Manager is clearly communicated to the artist so that they know their line of report
- Regularly communicate related Company plans and objectives back to the artists
- Establish and maintain an appropriate level of communication with all crew members that ensures that all business is conducted in an environment of confidence and trust
- Keep HR abreast of significant issues
- Previous experience in artist management, resource management or human resources within the Animation/VFX industry will be a strong advantage
- Well-developed inter-personal communication and listening skills to engage in dialogue effectively across numerous departments and levels
- Experience working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- The ability to prioritise, multi-task, work effectively under pressure and work to deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail
- Computer literacy - Microsoft Office, Filemaker Pro and Microsoft Project an advantage
Please note that this role is not a pathway into Production Management.