We at Resolute are a diverse group of individuals who possess a wide variety of skills. Here, we believe that giving you the ability to maximize your potential without constraint is key to our shared success.
Our Thunder Bay location in Ontario, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Forester. This job is permanent, full-time.
Job Description: Reporting to the Area Superintendent. Responsible for the operational planning and monitoring of wood harvest, road construction and road maintenance Dog River-Matawin Forest. Assists in the coordination of a safe, efficient, cost effective, environmentally compliant and sustainable Woodlands operation that delivers quality production and operational planning for the Forest.
- Ensure that the highest Safety standards are met or exceeded throughout the operations
- Serve as the primary contact and liaison with the Contractors/Foresters and the Resolute Planning Forester
- Work cooperatively with all staff and harvest and road construction contractors to maximize operational efficiency and minimize cost
- Work collaboratively with contractors, Resolute operations team and planning forester to ensure Annual Work Schedule (AWS) information is obtained in order to prepare the AWS submission
- Ensure all Annual Reporting Information is collected and submitted as required
- Ensure compliance with all governmental and internal standards
- Compliance lead and approver for Forest Operations Inspection Reports (FOIP) submitted by inspectors for harvest, access and water crossings on the forests
- Assist in developing Forest Management Plans and Strategic Logging Plans
- Work with contractors and Resolute operations team to determine any necessary FMP amendment and/or AWS revisions to sustain operations
- Reinforce quality specifications for all products with all employees and Contractors for all facilities
- Develop good working relationships with all governmental and public agencies, stakeholders and members of the public
- Serve as the company representative on the Dog River Local Citizen’s Committee
- Ensure operational competence in all areas to provide vacation relief for Operations Coordinator or Superintendent
Ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of proven operational harvesting and road building experience.
A degree in Forestry with professional designation (or ability to achieve) or Forestry Technology with extensive operational or planning experience. Certified FOIP inspector accreditation or ability to attain.
Be part of the change. Be part of a dynamic team.
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering an energetic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills. We are more than 8,000 employees in Canada, the United States and various other international locations.
We are looking for employees with the experience and expertise to improve our efficiency, increase our long-term profitability and deliver first-class products and services to our customers. And you, what are you looking for?
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure our viability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.