Title: CT Technologist
Location: Upper East Side
Org Unit: WCINYP Xray, CT, and PET/CT
Work Days: Weekdays and some weekends
Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Pay Grade: 06
Under general guidance, operates computed tomography to assist in the safe and efficient diagnosis and assessment of patient conditions, in accordance with established procedures
- Maintains inventory of supplies, equipment and/or reagents. May order supplies/equipment/reagents as authorized or ensure that needs are escalated appropriately. Receives supply orders and confirms accuracy of delivery. May assist with cost control.
- Assists in training current and new employees on the use of systems/equipment and departmental policies and procedures.
- Recognizes problems/malfunctions of equipment and may assist in making minor adjustments. Monitors appropriate service action by outside contractors. Performs preventive maintenance on equipment in accordance with established procedures.
- Greets registered patients at time of visit and triage patients through the patient flow process. Checks schedules and accompanies patients to exam/procedure room. Assists patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressing and preparing for exam.
- Reviews and verifies patient identity, history and requisition for exam to be performed.
- Takes appropriate scans to determine areas of possible pathology. Modifies testing parameters under the direction of radiologist to ensure accurate imaging.
- Develops, processes, and archives images/films in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensures patient safety is maintained at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining a sterile environment. Ensures standard infection control precautions are observed.
- Performs computed tomography scan of patient as requested by clinical requisition. Explains procedure to be performed to patient prior to scan and answers any questions throughout scan.
Approximately 2 years of experience working as a CT technologist
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Graduate of approved school of radiography.
Licenses and Certifications
- Current, active and unrestricted New York State License in Radiographic Technology (RT)
- ARRT Certification
- NYS Intravenous Contrast Administration Certification
- Intravenous Contrast Administration Certification in New York State
- BLS Certification (issued by the American Heart Association)
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
This position requires the occasional lifting of equipment and patients
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that's committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists-faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization-are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side's scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine's powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, and NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients - the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled employer.