Title: Process Improvement Analyst
Org Unit: Business Process Solution
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Exemption Status: No Selection
Pay Grade: 07
Conduct analytical review of business unit organizational structure, workflow design, process and systems and make recommendations as to how to improve efficiency of such. Work with stake holders in business units and with colleagues in ITS to document current state using workflow software and make recommendations on process improvement and possible organizational structure changes.
- Determine process review approach and tools to be utilized based upon scope and success measures defined
- Review, design and develop optimal organizational structure and staff task alignment and task assignments by analyzing functional/transactional tasks
- Understand key concerns/problems through feedback, and identify their root cause
- Work with business units and Central Administration to develop key reporting metrics that will monitor controls, performance and productivity levels associated to defined KPIs and SLAs
- Work with business units to develop standard operating procedures and help develop implementation plan based on recommendations accepted
- Identify key organizational change management issues and training needs that recommended process design will have on business unit
- Prepare final word document summarizing the initiative, findings, supporting evidence and change management strategy; prepare presentations as needed for senior management
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
4+ years related experience in organization design including functional structure analysis redesign and skillset evaluation development.
4+ years related experience in work flow analysis and redesign including identification of redundancies, gaps and threats.
Intermediate/Advanced proficiency with the Microsoft suite of tools (Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, Project)
4+ years related experience in change management including developing the plan/approach and executing across the organization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated proficiency with Visio or other process mapping software.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Endnote is highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple project streams efficiently and diplomatically in a high-pressure, complex environment.
- Demonstrated ability to allow objective judgment and discretion as necessary.
- Strong verbal, written communications, and interpersonal skills.
Licenses and Certifications
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that's committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists-faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization-are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side's scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine's powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, and NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients - the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled employer.