Title: Registered Nurse
Location: Upper East Side
Org Unit: Myeloma
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Exemption Status: Exempt
Under direction, assists physicians with patient care, health education/promotion, electronic medical record (EMR) chart management, coordination of patient care and clinical protocols as needed
- Records medical information within the patients’ electronic medical record as instructed by the physician.
- Maintains inventory of supplies, equipment and/or reagents. May order supplies/equipment/reagents as authorized or ensure that needs are escalated appropriately. Receives supply orders and confirms accuracy of delivery. May assist with cost control.
- If applicable, assesses patient eligibility and reviews patient medical history for inclusion in clinical studies.
- Attends workshops, seminars and/or conferences to keep abreast of standards and best practices within the field. Disseminates information to colleagues and/or staff as appropriate.
- If applicable, reviews and completes protocol history sheets, flow sheets, study follow-up reports and patient evaluation forms. Prepares and amends IRB protocols, consent forms and research documents.
- Answers phones, responds to inquiries and triages calls to appropriate personnel.
- Participates in safety programs and orientation of new staff. Assists in reviewing and revising policies and procedures.
- Establishes priorities for nursing care through patient assessment and develops nursing care plans. Prepares equipment and assists provider during examination, testing, and treatment of patients as needed.
- Ensures infection control compliance within the practice.
- Coordinates multidisciplinary health care services and arranges diagnostic tests as ordered by physicians. Performs inpatient diagnostic testing, therapeutic, and interventional procedures as needed.
- As needed, administers appropriate injections and medications as ordered by medical providers in compliance with state law and clinic guidelines. Educates patients and staff on pharmacological/drug effects and protocol requirements, if applicable.
- Triages patient inquiries and communicates test results.
- May be responsible for the precertification and preauthorization of prescriptions and for calling in prescription refills.
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Nursing
Approximately 2 or more years of related work experience as a Registered Nurse.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be very articulate and posses a professional demeanor and appearance.
Licenses and Certifications
- Current NY State Registered Nurse License & Registration.
- BLS certification, issued by the American Heart Association.
- Infection Control Certificate
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that's committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists-faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization-are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side's scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine's powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, and NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients - the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled employer.