Title: Administrative Specialist
Location: Upper East Side
Org Unit: Patient Care
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Pay Grade: 05
Under guidance, provides a wide range of administrative and secretarial support to senior staff within the department
- Responsible for procurement activities related to goods, services, and/or equipment as needed.
- Responsible for disbursement/reimbursement activities as needed.
- Maintains inventory of supplies, equipment and/or reagents. May order supplies/equipment/reagents as authorized or ensure that needs are escalated appropriately. Receives supply orders and confirms accuracy of delivery. May assist with cost control.
- Coordinates calendars and schedules appointments and meetings. Prioritizes requests for meetings and coordinates the necessary arrangements for meetings.
- Maintains electronic and hard copy files and databases. Maintains integrity of information.
- Initiates and prepares written correspondence as needed and based on functional needs.
- Answers phones, responds to inquiries and triages calls to appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for travel and conference arrangements. Organizes itinerary, makes appropriate reservations for travel and accommodations.
- Records and distributes meeting minutes.
- Routinely analyzes and evaluates workflows to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Assists with responsibilities associated with professional organizations and external advisory boards and committees, which may include membership renewals, professional certifications, and journal renewals.
- Receives, sorts and distributes mail; accepts and signs for package deliveries.
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
Approximately 2 years of related experience providing secretarial support to senior leadership
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent computer skills including good working knowledge of MS office. Ability to learn new computer software and applications.
- Ability to communicate instructions and observations effectively verbally and in writing.
Licenses and Certifications
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Standard office work
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that's committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists-faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization-are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side's scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine's powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, and NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients - the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled employer.