Career Opportunities: Human Resource Manager (9004)
Requisition ID 9004 - Posted 01/25/2019
Position Location: Hanson, KY
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Sr. HR Manager Supply Chain
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Band: Management
The HR Manager is responsible for providing coaching and guidance to the HR team supporting RCV and Madisonville Cutting to ensure alignment between Carhartt business operations and HR practices and objectives. Using experience and expertise, the HR Manager drives the team to be nimble and dynamic problem solvers and build people-focused processes. They provide sound consulting and coaching to leaders and associates to support Carhartt’s Mission, Vision and company goals
- Manage and develop a team of HR professionals focused on supporting Distribution and Cutting.
- Identify and clearly articulate connections between different work groups across functional areas – understand and plan for what is happening in the overall organization, not just one aspect of the business and provide clarity around the needs of Supply Chain.
- Develop workforce planning and recruitment strategies and oversee their execution.
- Ensure the design, implement and delivery of talent management strategies and employee programs that positively impact the work environment and create engagement.
- Partner with peers to engage the correct internal HR resource for the business requirement to ensure seamless HR support; for example, compensation, organizational effectiveness, or learning.
- Proactively identify and support the elements of change management with business leaders.
- Provide expertise and guidance in several aspects of the employment cycle by coaching the HR team and business leadership on:
- Organizational Design and Talent Needs
- Interviewing and Selection of Talent of Non-union and union positions
- Onboarding and Training Plans
- Employee Relations
- Performance Management and Career Development
- Manage the resolution of complex employee relations issues and develop go forward changes to improve the overall work environment.
- Provides HR Management support for Distribution and Cutting in the absence of the Sr. HR Manager.
- Provides HR Management support at the Supply Chain Sewing facilities in the absence of the HR Manager supporting those facilities.
- Manage associate retention, motivation and engagement programs/projects at Distribution and Cutting.
- Review and provide recommendations on key performance indicators and trends related to human capital to develop solutions to issues affecting the business.
- Facilitate and/or partner with cross functional HR Team on special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree Required in Human Resources or Business
- Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of seven years human resource generalist and/or Business Partner experience required, with at least three years of those as a people manager.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in unionized multi-site manufacturing/distribution center environment preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant labor laws
- Certification of PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP or related designation preferred.
- Excellent communication and computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- High level of confidentiality essential
- Distribution Environment
- Moderate Lifting (15-30 lbs)
- Travel (25%)
- Tobacco Free