NRG is the leading integrated power company in the U.S., built on the strength of our diverse competitive electric generation portfolio and leading retail electricity platform. A Fortune 500 company, NRG creates value through best-in-class operations, reliable and efficient electric generation, and a retail platform serving residential and commercial businesses. Working with electricity customers large and small, we implement sustainable solutions for producing and managing energy, developing smarter energy choices and delivering exceptional service as our retail electricity providers serve almost three million residential and commercial customers throughout the country.
More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
The Sales Agent for Green Mountain will be responsible for generating face-to-face conversations with prospective customers to promote and sell products and services in various settings. The primary goal is to acquire new customers and enroll them. Sales Agents will be responsible to achieve goals set by the Sales Team Lead and/or Area Manager. They will also work closely with other members of the Sales Team to determine best practices, maximize customer satisfaction, learn market trends, and support sales and marketing initiatives.
Territories: Syracuse and Rochester.
- Based on information provided by the customers, discuss and assist customers’ fit to match with the most suitable price plan and promotion/incentive
- Achieve and maintain set performance metrics while providing best-in-class service
- Efficiently navigate order entry system(s) as necessary
- Utilize and exercise compliance standards for securing customer information
- Abide by site rules and regulations, including all company safety rules/regulations
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication through oral and written form
- Proficient mathematical/analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively both as an individual and a member of a team
- Ability to communicate clearly with customers --in person while maintaining composure and control, when possible follow-up may be needed
- Must be able to work independently and multi-task
- Proficient in MS Office applications, specifically Excel
Working onsite at assigned location(s) or event(s) within an assigned geography
Must be available to work evenings and weekends
This position is a part-time position eligible for commission incentives and/or targets provided by the Team Leads and/or Area Managers
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources