Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
As a Functional SAP Analyst, you will conduct analysis, evaluation, modification, configuration and testing focusing on SAP PP and QM modules. You will translate knowledge of business process into IT solutions that align with overall IT strategies as well as meet the needs of the business and ERP standards. This position will focus on support, improvement, and troubleshooting of functional applications used by the specialized functional area. This role can be located in Joliet IL, Richardson TX or Omaha NE.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support ERP production business processes to meet business process requirements
- Configure ERP solutions for identified gaps in functionality and business process
- Participate in design reviews and business model matching sessions
- Resolve ERP systems issues resulting from user error, incomplete system setup or systems bugs
- Gather and understand business requirements for support and work with the rest of IT to ensure expectations are met or exceeded
- Maintain complex integration points between ERP and third party systems
- Manage and coordinate all development applications including requirements definition, vendor evaluation, strategic systems planning, processes re-engineering, design, and development, and documentation, production support of major manufacturing implementation or new functionality
- Provide analysis and requirements to the ABAP Development area as it pertains to customization while following standard practices
- Manage user acceptance testing and approval of configuration and development with the business partners for signoff
- Develop user acceptance test scenarios, test scripts and results to validate configuration with the business
- Provide innovative solutions by staying abreast of current technology
- Collaborate with other IT and functional area personnel on routine and major system upgrades activity
- Develop test plans and protocols for evaluation of system performance
- Prepare user personnel training materials and assist users in the conversion and implementation of the system
- Adhere to Solution Development Methodology (SDM) practices
- Travel is required both domestically and internationally
- Bachelor's Degree required; major in Computer Science or related technical area is preferred.
- 3+ years of functional SAP experience
- Experience on both Discrete manufacturing and Repetitive manufacturing processes
- Experience on Production Planning, Long Term Planning, Capacity Planning & KANBAN
- Experience on MRP/MPS, Reorder point/Safety stock planning
- Experience on WM/FI integration with PP
- Experience writing technical and functional specifications and implement solutions
- Experience on Master data governance – Material master and experience in handling master data
- Knowledge on Data Migration and Experience on RICEF objects.
- Experience working on SAP QM module – Configuration, Inspections plans, Number ranges, Partner functions, QM workflows, QM set up for inspection
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Experience with third party systems that interact with SAP systems
- Experience on SAP APO PP/DS
- Experience with SAP Manufacturing Integration & Intelligence (MII)Knowledge on SAP Plant Maintenance- Maintenance planning, Preventive Maintenance, Corrective Maintenance, Integration with other modules
- Techno-functional experience
- Programming experience and familiarity with standard SAP programming concepts, practices, and procedures (ABAP, FIORI, Personas, JAVA, Mobile)
- Setting up background jobs, SAP Query, IDOC handling
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
United States;United States : Nebraska
United States : Texas;United States : Nebraska : Omaha
United States : Texas : Richardson