Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones.
As an intern, the Dolby U program offers impactful, project-based work experience in a collaborative, creative environment where you work side by side with industry leaders. Amplify your insatiable curiosity by implementing real-world solutions that revolutionize how people communicate and how entertainment is created, delivered, and enjoyed worldwide. For anyone seeking to gain invaluable expertise through meaningful, personal contributions, join us to design a future where technology meets entertainment!
Dolby’s Intellectual Property Protection & Enforcement (IPPE) group is looking for an Intern to help track and monitor unlicensed supply chain activity. The challenges of counterfeiting, diversion and theft of products affects most companies, and Dolby is no exception.
The intern will be partnered with IPPE team members to conduct high level investigations into unlicensed activities, data analysis and validation, online enforcement operations, document and design new initiatives, and compare reporting data with audited royalty reports in order to validate if licensees are in compliance with their contracts. This candidate will also gain significant experience working to validate key partners within Dolby’s ecosystem by helping review third party supply chain compliance. There will also be direct exposure to Dolby’s third party contracted auditors, vendors, and brand protection professionals, therefore requiring strong attention to detail and strong communication skills. The intern may also be asked to support other enforcement activities conducted by the IPPE team as
they come up. This will be an extremely hands-on and informative internship position within Dolby.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with Microsoft Excel, and some understanding or experience in brand protection.
- Strong research methods and skills are essential for gathering intelligence and implementing into assigned tasks.
- Team will help to train the Intern on their corporate as well as IPPE applications. Knowledge of royalties, patents, and intellectual property is preferred but not required.
- The intern may also be asked to support other enforcement activities conducted by the broader IP Protection team as they come up.
- The candidate should be excited to learn and should also have an interest in the applications that are used to run the business.
- Since interactions with business stakeholders and internal team members is a big part of this role, strong communications (written and verbal), and the ability to work well as part of a team, are key requirements for this role.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Criminal Justice. A minor, or additional coursework, in accounting preferred but not required; recent grads who are within 6 months of graduation are also eligible to apply
- Attach a resume along with a one page cover letter outlining your education, experience/knowledge, and why you believe you would be an excellent fit for this internship
- Must be available to work full-time Monday-Friday for 3 months between May/June 2019 – Aug/Sept 2019
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.