Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones.
As an intern, the Dolby U program offers impactful, project-based work experience in a collaborative, creative environment where you work side by side with industry leaders. Amplify your insatiable curiosity by implementing real-world solutions that revolutionize how people communicate and how entertainment is created, delivered, and enjoyed worldwide. For anyone seeking to gain invaluable expertise through meaningful, personal contributions, join us to design a future where technology meets entertainment!
The Consumer Products Group is responsible for developing innovative Dolby-branded consumer products, including the recently announced Dolby Dimension headphones.
This unique position presents the opportunity for the right candidate to work with some of Dolby’s most advanced technologies, by incorporating them into innovative products and enabling direct-to-consumer experiences.
- Involved in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Collaborate on, design and implement innovative audio software algorithms on embedded platforms
- Optimize the algorithms for performance and power consumption
- Perform experiments and tests to validate design and approach
- Write specification, design documentation, and unit tests
- Research background in audio processing or related fields
- Proficient in C programming and MATLAB
- Advanced Math
- Knowledge in scripting languages such as Python
- Knowledge in I2S and PCM
- Prior experience with working on DSP is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science; recent grads who are within 6 months of graduation are also eligible to apply
- Must be available to work full-time Monday-Friday for at minimum 3 months between May/June 2019 – Aug/Sept 2019; 6 months internship is preferred
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.