Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones.
As an intern, the Dolby U program offers impactful, project-based work experience in a collaborative, creative environment where you work side by side with industry leaders. Amplify your insatiable curiosity by implementing real-world solutions that revolutionize how people communicate and how entertainment is created, delivered, and enjoyed worldwide. For anyone seeking to gain invaluable expertise through meaningful, personal contributions, join us to design a future where technology meets entertainment!
Dolby is active in the gaming industry, working with game studio and console partners to integrate both Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos technologies into flagship game releases. Dolby is moving into the fast growing, live-streaming segment of the gaming industry, and is building a lean, design-focused productdevelopment team in San Francisco to help execute on our product vision.
Dolby is searching for a talented developer intern to join our team. You will leverage your background in Computer Science and work with a passionate design team, to build a sleek, intuitive live streaming application for the gaming space. If you are a talented Computer Science major who is passionate about gaming and live streaming, this could be the perfect fit.
- Work as part of a cross functional scrum team comprised of SW developers, QA engineers and User Experience Designers
- Learn new skills ranging from native C++ development to web front-end development to automating the collection of AI training data-sets
- Participate in live user testing, and collaborate with the team to process key learnings and apply them to the product user experience
- Work with QA engineers on the team to consult on test plans, stabilize features, and resolve bugs during product qualification
- Willingness to learn new skills up and down the software stack
- A passion for digital media and streaming technology
- Proficiency in C++ and/or Python a plus
- Working towards a Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field; recent grads who are within 6 months of graduation are also eligible to apply
- Must be available to work full-time Monday-Friday for 3 months between May/June 2019–Aug/Sept 2019
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.