Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones.
As an intern, the Dolby U program offers impactful, project-based work experience in a collaborative, creative environment where you work side by side with industry leaders. Amplify your insatiable curiosity by implementing real-world solutions that revolutionize how people communicate and how entertainment is created, delivered, and enjoyed worldwide. For anyone seeking to gain invaluable expertise through meaningful, personal contributions, join us to design a future where technology meets entertainment!
Dolby’s IT Infrastructure team is looking for an intern to help with PC / MAC OS and software deployment and troubleshooting. The intern will partner with an experienced engineer who will provide technical guidance, and the intern will have the opportunity to do actual end user and infrastructure related support. This role will allow the intern to work with many client computing technologies across Windows & Apple client’s operating systems, as well as video conferencing system and telecom software. Technologies will include collaboration systems including MS outlook email, videoconferencing and VoIP telephony systems; mobile telephony; Web and audio conferencing, LAN, Wireless and remote access networks. The intern will also be exposed to End user accounts administration via Active directory and MS Office and similar deskside productivity software.
- Work with System Analyst to image and deploy Mac and Windows PC systems.
- Work with Tech Stop tech to build a good pool of loaner systems.
- Work on SharePoint Sites administration, create and update technical guides.
- Work with UC Engineer to test and ensure all conference rooms are working correctly.
- Create ServiceNow reports for IT Field Ops team and review what REQ’s INC’s could be migrated to SD or elsewhere.
- PC/MAC or hardware/networking experience (though not expected to be an expert in any specific area)
- Excited to learn and have an interest in hardware or infrastructure software applications (Email, Box, Lync, SharePoint, Video Conferencing, Telephony) that are used to run an enterprise business
- Strong written and verbal communications (interactions with business stakeholders and internal IT team members is a big part of the role)
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Hardware Engineering, Business Computer Systems or a related field; recent grads who are within 6 months of graduation are also eligible to apply
- Must be available to work full-time Monday-Friday for 3 months between May/June 2019–Aug/Sept 2019
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.