Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones.
As an intern, the Dolby U program offers impactful, project-based work experience in a collaborative, creative environment where you work side by side with industry leaders. Amplify your insatiable curiosity by implementing real-world solutions that revolutionize how people communicate and how entertainment is created, delivered, and enjoyed worldwide. For anyone seeking to gain invaluable expertise through meaningful, personal contributions, join us to design a future where technology meets entertainment!
The Consumer Products Group is responsible for developing innovative Dolby-branded consumer products, including the recently announced Dolby Dimension headphones.
This unique position presents the opportunity for the right candidate to work with some of Dolby’s most advanced technologies, by incorporating them into innovative products and enabling direct-to-consumer experiences.
- Investigate new cutting edge technologies
- Characterize and test complex electronics designs
- Work with embedded software team to diagnose issues
- Provide feedback to engineering team based on test results and observations
- Great team player; interested in experimentation and investigation; professional in front of customers
- Hands on experience in reviewing schematics, characterizing circuits, and performing signal analysis
- Experience prototyping and evaluating circuits and designs in the industry
- Background in at least two of the following: RF electronics, micro-controllers, audio electronics, power electronics, digital design
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field; recent grads who are within 6 months of graduation are also eligible to apply
- Must be available to work full-time Monday-Friday for 3 months between May/June 2019 – Aug/Sept 2019
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.