Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Based in San Francisco and reporting to the Sr. Manager, License Compliance, this position will be a member of Dolby’s Americas licensing compliance team and will support the customer audit process. The position will be accountable for identifying, preparing, and supporting the execution of compliance reviews and initiatives within Dolby.
- Support and execute the license compliance strategy with internal and external third party resources
- Where appropriate, support internal relationships with the internal business, sales, and stakeholders in pursuit of Dolby’s compliance program
- Integrate Dolby technical and business knowledge to support the processes of audit selection and execution
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and industry trends
- Work closely with the Sales group to resolve any compliance issues
- Bachelor’s degree required with emphasis in Business or Accounting preferred
- Contracts Compliance and/or Forensics experience mandatory
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with license compliance required, and have performed or participated in audit resolutions
- Understanding of technology and licensing contracts in the context of intellectual property
- Ability to analyze licensing and market data to identify compliance opportunities
- Ability to influence and resolve issues with customers
- Ability to make prudent independent business decisions with some supervision
- Experience with building working relationships and instilling trust with internal and external customers
- Ability to work effectively across functions to achieve common goals
- Strong communication skills - ability to articulate verbally and in writing, plans, processes, policies and issues to stakeholders
- Some travel required
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.