QA Tester (Contract)
BioWare is a division of EA which crafts high quality multiplatform role-playing, MMO and strategy games, focused on emotionally engaging, rich stories with unforgettable characters and vast worlds to discover. Since 1995, BioWare has created some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles and franchises, including Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Mass Effect and Dragon Age. BioWare currently operates in Edmonton (Alberta, Canada), Montreal (Quebec, Canada) and Austin (Texas).
BioWare’s games have continually achieved critical and commercial success. All of our published titles are highly rated at www.gamerankings.com; in fact we have 6 games in the top 1% highest rated games of all time! Today BioWare has over 800 staff at its locations and continues to grow. In 2008, BioWare was acquired by Electronic Arts, a leading global interactive entertainment publisher. For more information on BioWare, visit www.bioware.com, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/bioware . To join the millions of fans already registered with the BioWare community, go to http://social.bioware.com.
BioWare Quality Assurance acts as a quality gauge during development, testing not only the product, but the processes used to create the product. Quality Assurance is intended to be proactive and catch problems before they make it into the product. As a tester you will be supporting our QA Analysts in various departments by providing a consumer perspective as well as verifying the quality of the product, and tools/processes used for creating that product.
• Test Execution and Reporting
• Track service issues from beginning to end
• Find and report issues/bugs/inconsistencies
• Clarify issues (providing detailed information if necessary)
• Verifies the resolution of issues through to the end of the testing process
• Assists in the generation and execution of test cases
• Issue Management and Verification
• Ability to write detailed, accurate bug reports
• Ability to stay focused when handling repetitive tasks
• Ability to manage multiple assigned tasks
• Ability to troubleshoot PC Hardware/Software
• Ability to prioritize and manage their own tasks
• Strong problem identification, communication and solving skills
• Focused on continuous improvement and professional growth
• Diploma/Certificate or University Degree in a related field
• Audio, Art, Programming or Game Design skills/experience (Hobby/Professional)
Does this sound like you?
[This is a temporary fulltime, contract position, no relocation assistance, local candidates only. We thank all applicants however will only be contacting short-listed candidates.]