EA Studios develops games for world-class franchises such as Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Need for Speed, FIFA, Madden, Battlefield, Star Wars and more. Working for the EA Studios team truly brings exciting opportunities every day. Imagine creating new vehicle and weapons content for DICE, or being a physics programmer on Need for Speed who must calculate how a car reacts in a 100-mph multi-vehicle collision. Imagine developing Isaac Clarke’s story in Dead Space or being an Audio Sound Designer who creates the roar of the crowd for a last-second goal in FIFA. These are just some of the types of opportunities awaiting you on the EA Studios team.
Whatever your skill or interest, EA Studios is home to a world of passionate gamers just like you and our titles are developed around the globe with some of the most talented people in the industry. Come see what you can do!
Sr. Audio Artist I
We are looking for an experienced Audio Artist who can make an immediate contribution to all aspects of audio development within the EA. This individual should have some knowledge of audio in a Sports title. This candidate will work within the Audioworks team and must have the ability to collaborate with all other aspects of game development (i.e. Art, Animation, Engineering, Design, Production, Marketing) to push the quality bar for game audio. The ideal candidate will have a passion for video games, with an overwhelming drive to create a world class audio experience. They must be a strong problem-solver and an effective communicator with broad game-creation and sound creation skills.
- Building and maintaining mix architecture for games.
- Building a good rapport with the dev team and representing Audioworks accordingly
- Defining deliverables and owning the delivery schedule with Audioworks Dev Director
- Collaborate with team project manager and review work of audio artists and contractors for your title
- Delivering the audio on budget as defined by Audioworks and the dev team
- Understanding of human crowd behavior and how it can be best modeled in a game
- Ability to design create content for motion Graphics, UI elements for Games.
-Development of object oriented and 3d modeled audio within proprietary software for SFX playback in games.\
- Inspire new avenues for Audio development within the game through effective vision pieces.
- Minimum of seven years’ game/audio experience and strong Gen 3 and 4 console title experience
- Have advanced knowledge of new technologies and processes in the interactive audio field
- Has a broad experience using game development tools, technology and pipelines
- Is an expert with modern audio creation equipment, software and recording techniques, with a high level of proficiency in at least one DAW
- Expertise in mixing triple AAA games for multiple target playback environments at a high quality
- Experience with large scale recordings at live venues (stadium/arena, crowd, and ambience recordings)
- Experience acquiring multi-channel impulse responses from live recordings.
- Solid knowledge of PC and console audio hardware
- Outstanding sound design and listening skills
- Strong communication skills, works well as part of a team, self-motivated
- Strong artistic and creative sensibilities, and strong technical thinker
- Strong skills in the area of technical implementation of game audio
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.