With A Career At EmCare You Can Make A Difference!
EmCare is a leading provider of physician services for emergency departments, inpatient physician services, inpatient radiology management programs and anesthesiology services. Founded in 1972, EmCare has more than 500 exclusive contracts with client hospitals in nearly 40 states. EmCare’s success is based on its commitment to quality physician leadership backed with comprehensive support programs that allow physicians to focus on patients and quality clinical medicine.
At EmCare we believe our team members are our strongest asset. Our ability to keep our company growing depends on the continued professional development of our world-class workforce.
EmCare is seeking physician executives for the South Division of EmCare. Based out of the South East Region, the Executive Vice President (EVP) position is responsible for the overall account management and profitability of several hospital customers, client retention and price adjustment of divisional contracts.
Responsible for oversight of P&L for assigned contracts, including serving as the overall account manager to several hospital customers. Assists Business Development in the sales process. Prioritizes and directs the implementation of key strategic initiatives within the regional operations center and at client sites.
This position directly supervises multiple managers and regional directors in support of regional improvement activities, including the Client Administrators and Directors of Clinical Services in the region. Additionally, the EVP will be available to provide marketing assistance as deemed necessary by management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Medical Degree required, Professional Degree preferred
• 7-10 years of healthcare leadership experience to include physician relations, quality improvement, P and L responsibility at the department or region level, and customer service
Knowledge and Skills:
• In-depth understanding of healthcare operations and evolving trends
• Ability to resolve complex issues in a timely manner
• Proven track record of meeting deadlines and functioning in a fast-paced, complex environment
• Previous experience as a consultant
• Previous clinical experience in a hospitalist setting
EmCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to serving and supporting physicians, hospitals and other healthcare clients in providing high quality patient care.