The Chief Marketing Officer will report to the Chief Executive Officer as a critical member of and strategic partner to the senior management team. This person will be responsible for setting the brand and marketing strategy, budget and disciplines of the marketing function for the Company.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Plan, develop and lead all aspects of the marketing function in order to achieve the Company’s strategic short and long-term sales growth, revenue and profitability goals.
- Remain strategic, tactical and program oriented, in that order.
- Ensure products are competitive, complete, and timely.
- Set the vision for building the brands, promoting the brands and achieving maximum market penetration.
- Develop and deliver the annual marketing business plan and operating budget.
Research and Information
- Develop and implement the Company’s marketing strategy via the gathering and analyzing of relevant market research as well as speaking with customers to understand what they need and want.
- Conduct marketing research (gather and measure customer, market and competitor data) to identify and differentiate existing and potential product, channel and market segment opportunities for growth.
- Monitor and analyze market and competitor activity, recommending the right course of action for the business.
- Responsible for competitive analysis, strategies and tactics.
Product, Direction, Competition
- Develop, implement and coordinate media advertising plans, collateral plans and internet initiatives.
- Determine market needs and generate product requirements and definition for development.
- Responsible for product pricing, positioning, packaging, and definition. Develop the product life cycle strategy for all products.
- Drive the New Product Development roadmap and identify new revenue streams. Leverage the business model to expand beyond the core business products.
- Build the web development strategy and continue to leverage evolved technology and internet marketing tools.
- Develop a high performing marketing team.
- Ensure timely and effective execution of the marketing programs.
- Establish targeted customer value propositions and execute go-to-market strategies across all targeted product market segments to meet company objectives.
- Work closely with the Vice President of Sales to deliver on the sales targets and support the sales distribution plans with evolved marketing tools and programs.
- Actively monitor sales and marketing results, budgets and revenue forecasts to ensure achievement of goals and forecasts.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree with executive or senior management experience within a customer driven environment; MBA/advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in marketing roles.
- Demonstrated experience in building world class marketing talent. Must have the ability to retain and develop top talent.
- Hands-on operational credentials and leadership skills. Proven ability to create value.
- Entrepreneurial and start-up mentality and ability to operate effectively in lean, operationally excellent business environments.
- Demonstrated pattern of high achievement in the marketing function with both a strategic and tactical marketing background.
- Proven track record of delivering both top and bottom line results and experience in developing and executing B2B and B2C marketing plans. Proven ability to link marketing to strategic operational and sales growth initiatives.
- Prior success within sales roles is highly desirable.
- A true team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written/verbal/presentation) demonstrated with passion and energy.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.