Do you have a passion for great quality and continuous improvement?
Are your dreams filled with Gemba walks, 5S, TPS, and Kaizen sessions?
Have you been there, done that and now really want to make an impact with the knowledge you’ve gained in your career?
Do you believe philosophically that quality is everyone's responsibility not just your department? We do!
Exemplis is looking for a quality leader to join our high growth organization and build out the people, processes and tools necessary to be a best in class quality shop.The Vice President of Quality will lead a global team, advancing quality systems, delivering high quality product, and building a culture of quality – all contributing to a great overall customer experience.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Establish and lead the Quality function across the corporation
- Establish a Vision for Quality and maintain a roadmap for implementation, goals & objectives, & related project work
- Socialize a corporate Quality manual & standards and coordinate cross functionally to ensure alignment and lead building a culture of Quality
- Ensure end-to-end coordination & execution of processes & standards, related KPI’s, and feedback loops from development through product lifecycles (internally & externally)
- Partner with Product Development, Operations, Customer Experience, and other key stakeholders to ensure ongoing alignment
- Establish Quality certification processes & related standards including audits
- Lead and develop the Quality team
- Establish a Material Review Board or similar process for dispositioning discrepant materials
- Ensure Quality metrics are reflective of, and consistent with, Customer perspectives
- Develop & implement (ensure consistent application of) holistic root cause and preventive/corrective action process
- Work with suppliers on Continuous Improvement of Quality through application of quality tools along with Lean and other techniques.
- Support development of a Learning Organization and contribution to Quality at all levels and by all associates (awareness, communication, education, Quality Circles, suggestion program, etc.)
- Take lead responsibility for significant quality issues. Be “hands on” with the issue, develop a plan to resolve the issue, communicate the plan and progress on the plan to the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- BA or BS in an Engineering or related discipline
- 10+ years experience in Quality related role(s) including 5+ years experience in a production manufacturing environment
- The ability to energize & influence others, work effectively with all levels in an organization and move teams toward a common vision or goal.
- Proven background & technical skills related to problem solving, root cause, corrective action, & continuous improvement
- Strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Experience working in a global quality environment including Asia and Mexico
- Experience leading development and deployment of Quality management structure (people, systems, and processes) from the ground up
- CQE/CQM or similar certification
- Experience partnering closely with and advising senior leadership and executives.
- Proficiency in project management approaches and tools.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment where tact, sensitivity, respect, tenacity, persuasive ability, and decisiveness are required for success
- A strong advocate of Lean Enterprise and a proven leader of continuous improvement.
- The ability to articulate technical issues at an understandable level to a variety of stakeholders across the organization.
- At least 10 years of experience leading, implementing and managing enterprise-wide Quality Management Systems for global organizations.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, strong knowledge of AS9100 Quality Management Systems, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing principles.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.