The Vice President of Quality will lead a global team that will advance quality systems and fully leverage resources to deliver excellence.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Streamlining and improving existing quality policies, procedures and instructions.
- Integrating technical excellence into every aspect of the project lifecycle.
- Leveraging skillset to identify and disseminate best practices.
- Partnering with Operations, Customer Experience, to realize high standard of quality.
- Coordinating internal technical audit teams and quality certification processes.
- Leading and developing the Quality team in collaboration with management.
- Assist executive management with the development of a company quality plan.
- Performing and evaluation of cost and responsibility of discrepant material based on established methods and procedures for supplier quality.
- Quality management of the company’s products including developing and managing measurement systems that incorporate Customer’s View of Quality, in-process manufacturing quality and capability.
- Oversee and direct the overall quality direction of the corporation and the effectiveness of the quality management system.
- Performing supplier quality assurance audits for assigned suppliers.
- Developing corrective actions to support supplier problems and failures, suggesting modifications and corrective actions by suppliers to meet customer specifications and standards.
- Maintain a quality assessment system to monitor corporate objectives.
- Working with suppliers on the Continuous Improvement Process of Supply Base through the application of quality tools and techniques.
- Ensure that products and services meet customer needs and expectations to fulfill corporate quality objectives.
- Take lead responsibility for significant quality issues. Be “hands on” with the issue, develop a plan to resolve the issue, communicate the plan and progress on the plan to the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- BA or BS in an Engineering discipline, Quality, or Business Administration or related field
- 10+ years experience in Quality related role(s) including 5+ years experience in a production manufacturing environment
- The ability to energize & influence others, work effectively with all levels in an organization and move teams toward a common vision or goal.
- Proven background & technical skills related to problem solving, root cause, corrective action, & continuous improvement
- Strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Proficiency in project management approaches and tools.
- Experience working in a global quality environment including Asia and Mexico.
- Experience leading development and deployment of Quality management structure (people, systems, and processes) from the ground up
- Master’s degree in related field
- CQE/CQM or similar certification
- Experience partnering closely with and advising senior leadership and executives.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment where tact, sensitivity, respect, tenacity, persuasive ability, and decisiveness are required for success
- A strong advocate of Lean Enterprise and a proven leader of continuous improvement.
- The ability to articulate technical issues at an understandable level to a variety of stakeholders across the organization.
- At least 10 years of experience leading, implementing and managing enterprise-wide Quality Management Systems for global organizations.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, strong knowledge of AS9100 Quality Management Systems, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing principles.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.