Come join Southern California’s largest and fastest growing office seating manufacturer and help us develop award-winning, innovative soft-seating furniture. We are looking for an experienced, passionate innovator that is enthusiastic about capturing market needs. This individual will be responsible for creating and championing new furniture lines that will excite customers and disrupt the market. Bring your design aesthetic with an eye for the beautiful to help us realize and cultivate new furniture designs!
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Collaborate to create and manage project plans, meet deadlines and project financial goals
- Timely completion of all design and engineering deliverables through the NPI process
- Engage cross-functional teams in functional design reviews and evaluations
- Design components and systems based on data obtained through analysis
- Work with suppliers and other departments on developing prototype and production parts
- Perform design validation and documentation
- Product teardowns and competitive analysis
- Create and maintain bills of materials and product configurations
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5 + years equivalent experience in new product development
- 7 + years of new product development experience, a minimum of 2 years in soft seating
- Industry experience required
- Member of a Red Dot, iF, Neocon or other industry award winning team
- Proficiency with Solidworks or similar 3D CAD software
- Furniture Design BFA Degree or equivalent
- Applied knowledge of ergonomics and anthropometry
- Design for manufacture sensibility, cost optimization, poka yoke
- Development of knock-down modular furniture product architectures
- ISTA testing, truck pack Tetris
- Rapid prototyping, including 3D printers, casting hand finishing, spraying, welding, metal fabrication and wood-shop
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.