Come join Southern California’s largest and fastest growing office seating manufacturer and help us build and grow our internal capabilities. We are looking for an exceptional individual who can build from scratch and own a fully functional machine shop to support our fast paced, build to order production operation. This individual must be both technical and creative with an ability to execute and add value/input to tooling and fixture designs to ensure they offer the simplest but most robust solutions. We need an organized and detailed person who can maintain high standards to make our shop both functional and a showpiece of excellence.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Specify, implement and maintain machine shop equipment
- Design and manufacture tools and fixtures for internal production operation – from quick and dirty to highly sophisticated.
- Own machine shop area – establish/enforce shop rules, 5S, safety and training requirements, equipment maintenance plans
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Minimum of 5+ years with hands on experience in a machine shop environment and proven success
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to manage and run daily machine shop operations
- Ability to operate various manual and CNC machining equipment
- Ability to Program CNC equipment using CAM software
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree from technical school
- Computer proficiency, MS Office and other typical office software programs
- Familiarity with CAD and CAM software – Solidworks, MasterCAM
- Fixture design experience
- Experience in a Supervisory role
- Bilingual – English & Spanish
- Combination of hands on, shop floor and office environment
- Occasional weekend/evening work if required
- Ability to spend time in shop standing and lifting
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.