Product Marketing Managers are responsible for guiding products from conception to launch. This individual must put laser-like focus on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting and tailoring solutions to all of the markets where we do business. We have the fastest order turnaround in the industry, and your bias toward action and ability to break down complex problems into simple steps will drive product development at that same Exemplis speed. We’ll give you full P&L responsibility for your category, and the freedom to show your stuff as you conduct market research, influence product development, drive channel marketing plans, partner with key stakeholders – both internal and external – and create and execute highly successful go-to-market strategies. As the expert in your category we’ll support you with a fun, dynamic and creative marketing team that will help you achieve the highest quality work, delight our customers and ensure your success.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Gather customer requirements, define a product vision and strategy and bring your product to market while working with world-class professionals.
- Assume full P&L responsibility for the category, including budgets, forecasts, revenue goals, pricing strategy and product line strategy.
- Implement market research and competitive intelligence efforts across the category. Working closely with market research department, gather qualitative and quantitative information about the external market environment, customer preferences and needs and the evolving competitive landscape.
- Manage product planning and the product roadmap. Develop the multi-year strategic product roadmap for the category. Define key feature sets, chief selling points and product differentiators. Prepare product briefs and pricing strategy. Create and update forecasts based on assessments of total addressable market, brand’s target share position, growth objectives and seasonality. Define product positioning within category and against competitive products.
- Create a program strategy for your category, including go-to-market plan, launch plan, sales readiness and competitive positioning. Define key selling and messaging points and collaborate with creative marketing team to develop collateral and website content to support new and existing products.
- Guide all aspects of product lifecycle management including launch strategy, on-going category analysis and end-of-life strategy.
- Develop channel support materials including product presentations and evangelize to customers at roadshows and tradeshows.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in product marketing.
- Prior P&L or Category Management responsibility is required.
- Additional experience in related marketing fields (market research, customer/retail marketing, digital marketing).
- Experience in a manufacturing and/or B2B environment.
- Excellent strategic thinker with action and results orientation.
- Ability to conduct financial, market and competitive analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and integrate cross functionally.
- Capable of establishing credibility with sales force and customers.
- Must have strong written and verbal skills with the ability to conduct C-level presentations.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating(tm) and IDEON(tm) brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.