The Sr. Automation Engineer is responsible for leading and contributing to the automation team within the Manufacturing Engineering group. This role will manage projects in planning, designing and implementing solutions to improve efficiency and reduce efforts by introducing cost effective automated solutions within the production process.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
· Develop and execute strategic plans to achieve short and long term business objectives
· Prepare timelines, budgets, and progress reports to communicate to key stakeholders and executive management
· Lead a team of technical engineering subject matter experts in supporting the automation solutions
· Responsible for identifying areas of improvement, developing feasibility/ROI models and managing new process development from beginning to end
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Engineering or related field
- 8+ years of industry experience implementing and maintaining automated systems using various custom and off the shelf components/technologies
- Experience in machine/control design including the integration of motion and robotics
- Understanding of robotic system and PLC programming
- Knowledge of industrial standards in safety and robotics
- Familiarity with Solidworks
- Experience leading strategic planning and tactical execution of automation team
- Proven track record of successful implementation of automated solutions
- Experience with integration of vision systems
- Knowledge of pneumatic and motion system technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform intricate system tests
- Creative thinking and complex analysis skills
- Detail-oriented personality
- Proactive and self-motivated. Action bias with a strong sense of urgency.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating(tm) and IDEON(tm) brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.