We’re looking for a Process Wizard to join our growing and competitive company and help build a best-in-class manufacturing operation! We need an exceptional individual who can apply technical and creative problem solving skills to invent next generation processes and equipment that can support our fast paced, build-to-order production environment.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Use technical and creative problem solving skills to take our equipment/fixture designs to the next level
- Work with cross functional teams to identify gaps and drive improvements in safety, quality and efficiency
- Invent next generation processes to support our evolving business model and improve the customer value proposition
- Partner with Product Development to ensure the manufacturability of robust product designs
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- B.S. in Manufacturing Engineering or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in a manufactured product environment
- Proficiency with CAD software packages – AutoCAD, Solidworks
- 5 years experience preferred in a manufactured product environment
- Proven success in Lean Manufacturing environment and a thorough understanding/belief in Lean principles
- Extensive experience in process and fixture design/implementation
- Experience leading/facilitating projects and/or teams
- Computer savvy with typical software programs – e.g. Microsoft Excel
- Bilingual – English/Spanish
Combination of office and hands-on shop floor environments
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.