The Demand Planner will be responsible for the creation / maintenance of forecasts (style & component) rooted in statistical modeling and collaborated on with sales and finance teams. This position will lead and direct the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process and will act as a liaison to supply chain teams (procurement, sourcing, warehouse) for demand related issues.
The person filling this role will collaborate with sales, marketing, supply chain, and finance to drive a consensus demand process. They will be expected to validate and consolidate sales forecasts as well as regular reporting & analysis of forecast metrics and publishing of S&OP meeting agendas. Key to success will be establishing a clear link between sales plans, budget, and statistical demand plans as well as identify and communicate key drivers of risk and maximizing revenue.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Lead the S&OP forum
- Develop strong working relationship with sales, marketing, supply chain, and finance which support the S&OP process
- Leads product lifecycle analysis and facilitate monthly decision meeting
- Leads New Product Introduction (NPI) analysis and facilitate collaboration
- Organizes appropriate and accurate data required to support timely and intelligent decisions
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams by leading monthly consensus demand meetings
- Perform trend analysis using statistical models
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- 3+ years in Supply Chain or related experience
- BA/BS in finance/accounting/economics/business
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience using John Galt software solutions
- Sales analysis experience a plus
- Expert level knowledge in Excel, PowerPoint, and other MS Office tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong math/analytical skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior management
- Strong understanding of demand and supply planning processes and strategy
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.