The Buyer will perform procurement, supply planning, supplier management to help achieve individual and team KPIs. Monitor and manage individual KPI performance, submit improvement recommendations to the procurement manager and execute the action plans. Monitor and communicate supplier performance, submit improvement recommendations to the procurement manager and execute the action plans.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Procures supplies, materials, services, and equipment for delivery at specified time
- Places and updates purchase orders for current line of products and ensures timely delivery to eliminate backorders and out of stock items
- Plans, schedules, and monitors the movement of materials through the fulfillment cycle.
- Advises team of any actual or potential material shortages
- Ensures that suppliers have complete product information to meet product quality standards and deliveries for production
- Monitors performance of the buyer KPIs and recommends/executes improvement actions
- Tracks individual complete and on-time delivery (COT) performance, assigns reason codes for order fulfillment failures, recommends and drives actions to improve future performance for his/her commodities
- Tracks and reports suppliers’ service performance on supplier OTD, lead time, flexibility, capacity, safety stock, and shipping to complete and deliver quarterly supplier scorecards
- Monitors internal min/max levels and vendor safety stock to maximize inventory turns while ensuring material availability
- Tracks and resolves material review board (MRB) parts and resolves supplier non-conformances and cost recovery
- Conducts monthly supplier reviews of long-term component levels forecasts, capacity commitments, and mitigations to ensure demand-supply balance
- Responsible for reviewing and communicating the service section of the supplier scorecards
- Owns and manages procurement KPIs related to his or her assigned accounts/vendors
- Manages inventory planning and timing of engineering change orders (ECOs)
- Supports PPV and savings objectives by executing supplier and part transition tasks to achieve more favorable material costs
- Reviews and manage daily exceptions of master data, supply shortages, backorders, late shipments/receipts, and excess inventory for own parts
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of procurement experience
- Masters Degree preferred.
- CPM, CPSM, APICS certifications preferred.
- Knowledge of materials requirement planning, inventory control techniques, forecasting, production planning, cost/price analysis, use of standard costs, production processes (internal and at the suppliers)
- Intermediate excel proficiency and basic analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be goal-oriented and metrics driven.
- Ability to manage and stay calm while being decisive under pressure
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills and professional demeanor
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks..
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Strong planning and analysis skills coupled with results orientation.
- Desire to implement change and possess a passion for excellence.
- Experience in procuring/planning in office furniture industry
- Experience with supplier kanban, supplier safety stock programs, lead time reductions and vendor owned inventory (VOI) or vendor managed inventory (VMI) processes
- Experience in managing a global supply chain, preferably involving Asia and/or Mexico, and incorporating just in time (JIT) principles for planning and manufacturing
- Mandarin or Spanish language skills a plus.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating(tm) and IDEON(tm) brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.