The Lead Software Developer for Microsoft Dynamics AX will be responsible for development of enhancements, customizations, custom applications, forms, reports and interfaces within and related to MS Dynamics AX ERP system. The developer will interpret functional and business requirements and develop necessary technical design documents and deliverables following implementation best practices. This role will act as the technical architect in Dynamics AX customizations and code development as well as integration with other third party systems. The lead developer will work as an integral part of the IT applications team in close collaboration with the functional teams to produce the best possible solutions to support company’s business objectives.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Design and develop enhancements, reports, customizations, interfaces and reports within Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 system.
- Developing system architecture concept for Dynamics AX and its interaction with various internal and external applications.
- Establish and maintain best practices for code development and deployment within Dynamics AX environment following Microsoft Best Practices and company development controls.
- Manage code base across multiple Dynamics AX environments.
- Collaborate with the rest of the development team to build Dynamics AX specific development knowledge base.
- Manage and coordinate off-shore and on-site development teams with work assignment, follow up and ensuring code is delivered according to Exemplis SDLC rules.
- Deconstruct complex implementation models into manageable modules.
- Ensure implementation and development decisions are aligned with best practices and future view of the IT landscape.
- Work to identify and improve the reliability, security and effectiveness IT applications, solutions and services.
- Contribute to problem resolution by giving hands-on support as needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science or related field.
- 5+ years direct experience in code development within Dynamics AX with X++ and Web Services
- Experience with SQL Server database languages
- 3+ years of experience with Object Oriented language such as C#, VB.Net, Java and the .Net Framework.
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 and supporting MS technologies including SSRS, SSIS and SSAS
- Experience in a product oriented manufacturing industry preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Ability to conduct research into IT operational issues, standards and products as required.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.