Do you have a passion for innovation and an eye for design? Help us inspire our industrial design team and our outside collaborators to inspire the next award winning suite of products. Exemplis has a strong growth trajectory – this role will work closely with a trendsetting CEO in the Commercial Furniture industry. On a daily basis mentor an extremely talented team of designers raising their talents to your level, and beyond.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Lead a team of internal and external designers to design award winning products for office and residential applications.
- Keen awareness of design and fashion trends; bring in innovative design ideas to inspire our new product lines
- Infuse customer input into new product designs and inspire the design team to creatively address the needs of our customers
- Work in collaboration with our CEO, Product Engineering and Marketing departments to develop our 3+ year innovation strategy; influence present and future products by evaluation current / future market trends and customer needs
- Contribute to the company’s portfolio of products, ensuring we maintain our market leadership - be recognized as the leader for product strategy, channel and customer knowledge
- Constant design mentorship of internal team support our culture and drive innovation.
- Develop and manage relationships with key external designers and stakeholders; Collaborate with development, agencies and vendors, keeping current on new materials, trends, manufacturing techniques, etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, or related field
- 5+ years of product design within durable or consumer goods
- 2+ years managing teams of designers
- Previous working experience in the contractor residential furniture business.
- Proven track record of successful product launches
- Experience with product design software programs
- A roll-up-your-sleeves style and ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment
- Team-based approach; able to build and maintain strong relationships inside and outside of the organization
If the job requires a person to work in special working conditions this should be stated in the job description. Special working conditions cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, shift work, working outdoors, working with challenging clients, and so forth.
If the job is physically demanding, this should be stated in the job description. A physically demanding job is one where the incumbent is required to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, do repetitive tasks with few breaks, and so forth.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating(tm) and IDEON(tm) brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.