Want to be part of an industry-disrupting, high-performance company? Exemplis, manufacturer of SitOnIt Seating and IDEON, is seeking an enthusiastic and ambitious sales individual to cover the New York City Territory; including downstate NY, Northern New Jersey, and Fairfield County, Connecticut. In this role, you will combine your skills and our multiple award winning product portfolio to develop commercial, healthcare, higher education and government business through market coverage of our dealers, end users, and the A&D community. Are you ready to take the NYC territory to the next level?
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Support the New York sales team to deliver on aggressive sales growth goals in the region.
- Partner with Dealer Sales Representatives to provide seating solution options to their clients. Includes providing product information, samples of the chairs, marketing materials to support the dealer sale.
- Call on end user client independently of the dealer to communicate company’s value proposition and products to achieve sales. Understanding of vertical markets; higher education, government, healthcare, and their specific needs and nuances.
- Calls on interior designers within A&D firms to provide company’s product solutions and build relationships through a variety of creative means including CEUs, events, lunch & learns and one on one meetings to develop specifications and product preference within the firm.
- Actively participates, when appropriate, in team-based selling activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- 3+ years of related experience with a demonstrated successful sales performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field
- Excellent presentation skills and strong organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to collaborate and negotiate.
- Must be an assertive, self-starter with the self-confidence and ability to represent the company in a professional manner.
- Must be able to build long-term relationships with customers/partners.
- Successful contract or capital goods selling experience, preferably including experience as a Dealer Direct Salesperson.
- Prefer understanding and experience in selling into vertical markets (business, healthcare, education, government).
- Financially literate and possess business acumen.
- Computer literate in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Utilize Salesforce.com CRM system to manage contacts, projects and provide forecasting.
Reliable transportation needed for customer visits and transporting product.
This job does require the ability to lift and deliver sample chairs to dealers and clients. Chairs can weigh up to 50 pounds.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating(tm) and IDEON(tm) brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.