All copy should be good copy. If you believe this, then 1) you think just like us and 2) we’re looking to add you to our team! You are a strong marketing writer who’s a self-starter with strong attention to detail and a positive, can-do attitude. We are a quickly growing company; the fastest growing in our industry, in fact! As our Copy Pinch Hitter, you will be a part of a friendly Marketing and Creative team and a super-casual, laid back culture. (Yummy team lunches! Fun drink + cocktail-themed events any chance we get!)
Because we are a B2B industry, we write and create marketing materials for multiple target audiences so you should know how to ask the right questions, be able to switch gears quickly and have your proofreading/copy editing talents at the ready. This is a fantastic opportunity to add to your portfolio and grow your marketing/copywriting acumen because you’ll be touching almost every channel—digital (web, email, digital ads, social content, banners etc.), print (brochures, downloadable/printable documents, event invites, hangtags, etc.) and potentially video. Some technical writing experience would come in handy, but is not required.
In this role, you will report to the Creative Director and will work closely with the Senior Copywriter. You will also partner with the Marketing Communications, Product Management and Digital Marketing teams.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Write and edit content for digital and print assets (emails, digital banners, web copy, postcards, brochures, flyers, etc.).
- Own all instructional/technical copy assignments (price guide, product instructions, etc.).
- Write and concept internal communication assets (email announcements, miscellaneous collateral, signs, postcards, etc.).
- Proof and copy edit all consumer-facing content.
- Create clear, persuasive and compelling headlines, descriptions, calls to action, taglines.
- Implement creative and copy voice direction before and during rounds of production.
- Help maintain and enforce consistency of voice across all collateral.
- Assist Senior Creative team with ad hoc projects and requests.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- 2 + years of solid, copywriting experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Email communication experience a plus
- Online copy experience a plus
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.