Keeping our employees, visitors, and assets safe and secure is absolutely vital to our business, and is why we’re looking to add a top-notch Security Guard to our team. In this role, you would participate in the day-to-day functions of securing, directing, and promoting compliance and safety in our facilities. Additionally, our spirited and fun-loving organization would look to you to ensure safety and security for any special events.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Assist with the control of patrons that visit the facility.
- Ensure crowd control stays at a reasonable level and assist in conflicts as needed.
- Be knowledgeable about locations throughout the facility.
- Conduct routine property walks.
- Respond to alarms, calls of distress, and emergency situations (e.g., fire, medical, bomb threat, hazardous materials, other incidents)
- Control access into the parking lot and side door entrances.
- Ensure ID badges are displayed properly.
- Stop suspicious people and check identification.
- Prepares logs and reports as required.
- All other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- BSIS Guard Card (w/additional CA State required 32 hours training), Military or Law Enforcement training.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be bi-lingual (English and Spanish).
- A valid CA Driver’s License.
- 1+ year expereince working in security or related field
- Strong interpersonal skills with friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to provide high quality customer service for all levels of personnel.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing for purposes of interpersonal interaction and report writing.
Primarily outside; monitoring access into the parking areas and employee entrances.
Requires standing and walking.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating(tm) and IDEON(tm) brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.